Yes it proved to be very challenging. Feeling happy and ready to move on I thought hey lets try this.. Christian Mingle... For the birds!!! The dates i went on were horrible!!! Men in Hawaiian shirts, hi water pants, slamming vodka sodas. Not pretty.
Match - Meat market. No need to expand on that.
Then there was E harmony. I took the dive and decided to try it. 3 months. Its what I gave it. I met some nice men. Charles - wanted to retire in MN. But after date 1 it was over. Couldn't take the bad breath and poor manners. Wasn't gonna work for me! Lets just say dating has changed big time in 12 years!!! Ryan - Well he was nice, and we had lots in common. Dated for like a month. But he clearly didn't know what he wanted in life. Then I gave up. I was done. Too many bad dates from Feb - Aug. To me it just didn't seem worth it to keep going. I woke up on August 31st and bam Eharmony had CHARGED ME!!!! I was mad!!!
Trying to get my money back I got an email. From Robert... Hey Jenny, I haven't been on in a while and would love to chat. So I figured why not? Right. Gave him my email and still hoping Eharmony would give my 29.95 back. No such luck on that. But I started emailing with Robert.
I quickly found out that we had lots in common. However, as a Navy commander in the Reserves he was currently serving in Afghanistan. But again, I figured why not. He wasn't scheduled to be home until Jan. So we had lots of time to email, chat, Skype etc. After just a few weeks we had HUNDREDS of pages of emails back and forth. So much in common, lots to talk about.
Then I got the best news a gal could have prayed for. He was coming home!!! November 4th (i think) his feet were on US soil!! I was so excited that he was home, safe and excited we would finely meet. So November 8th, Robert flew to AZ and I picked him up at the airport. He blushed when he first saw me. we spent the weekend at my house doing a whole lot of nothing. Just had fun talking and cooking together. Did I mention he loves to cook?? He has 2 boys. 9 and 10. Lives in surprise AZ. On Veterans Day he headed back to San Diego where he remains on active duty.
He was hurt and has 2 severed tendons and one retracted back in his leg. He meets with the surgeon on the 16th and will find out if they can "fix" him. If they can. Which is what we are praying for. He will have surgery and remain in San Diego until he is recovered and discharged from active duty.
I was able to see him again when I came home from Thanksgiving. Met his boys and his brother. But we talk almost everyday and he is amazing. He hopes to be here the week of Christmas and spend a few days with me and the boys fixing things around the house. So my dad doesn't have to do them. AMAZING RIGHT???
Someone else would have NEVER done that!!! Did I mention he bought me a block of knives on his visit for my birthday?? AMAZING RIGHT??






1 comment :
OMG!!! So, so, SOOOO happy for you!!!
After what you've dealt with over the years (ahem!), you deserve a guy like this!! And I love that you guys have matching dimples!!!
Continued happiness, my dear - you totally deserve every minute of bliss...!!!
Again...SO excited for you!!!! :-D
Post a Comment